Thursday 29 September 2011

First post...

...on this blog, at least.  I'm not sure what my fascination is with blogging, especially since what I post will be out there in the ether for all (or no one) to see.  So why blog?  It's a nice way to connect with the family!  Plus, as life goes on, I'm lucky enough to make new friends as I move about the country (and maybe planet?!).  Each friend is very dear and I hate to lose track just because life gets in the way.  I haven't forgotten you all.  As darling Kate concludes with every email: "friends are like stars; you may not see them, but they're always there".  Amen, Kate!


"Do the Next Right Thing"


Note that it's not "do the next thing Right". What an interesting way to consider how to go about life.  Instead of focussing on perfection, try shooting for moral and good.  So I yelled at the kids when I ought to have shut up and just listened.  "Do the Next Right Thing" means to acknowledge it, and move on.  Like what is often heard in our home, "tomorrow is a new day" or "the sun will come up tomorrow".  Starting to sound like the ANNIE soundtrack.  Cliche, and corny as it may sound, it's working for us!


Cheers for now as I head to the pool for a few laps.  



1 comment:

  1. Wendy! Yay! I am so excited that you are blogging! I hope you find as I have that it feels great just to get things down in words. Whether or not anyone reads them I didn't think I cared at first, but then as I have had more and more people tell me that enjoy reading, I realize how special it is. I will be reading you and Thanks for the shout out by the way! It is amazing how technology connects us over miles and borders and days and demographics. It is a Small World after all!

    Also I LOVE "Do the next right thing!" I will be adopting this mentality, effective immediately! Great Job! Can't wait to see what's next!
    Happy Sunday!
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete