Thursday 6 October 2011

Date night!

Definitely TNRT to do.  Tuesday had been a particularly grumpy mommy day.  So much so that Wednesday morning I was roused by my 5 year old who implored me to, "make sure I didn't get up on the wrong side of the bed".  Okay, buddy.  I'll do my best.  Pass the coffee, please.

Today was much better.  In part due to the fact that I knew I had a babysitter secured (THANKS, T)and was going to get a changed of scenery for a little while!

Chris' co-worker held a dinner party tonight to which we were invited.  Jon lives in a fabulous ancient townhouse in the heart of the city.  AND is a fabulous cook to boot.


Jon at work, so skillful, making it look so easy!


Appetizer: seared beef on a crisp slice of lotus fruit, served with homemade avocado ice cream.      
(unfortunately I didn't think to snap a picture of it)



Entree: Duck confit with a-mazing potatoes, mushroom, and veg (and I *don't* do mushrooms. At least I didn't, but how could I not? It was delicious!)


                Dessert: Bread pudding topped with pears and caramel, caramel, and more caramel.  

Delicious coffee to finish off the scrumptious meal.


Lots of witty reparte with the other dinner guests.  The other guests were also Chris' co-workers.  A fabulous group who didn't mind if the outsiders at the table occasionally drifted to a beach on a deserted island when they slipped into shop-talk for too long

The topic of the kids inevitably came up here and there.  MY shop-talk, I suppose! But it was *wonderful* having a night out with GROWN UPS, a gourmet meal, and no kidlets milling about, vocalizing about the latest development in Wild Kratts, or screaming because SOMEone ran out of frozen blueberries.  Excuse-moi.

I feel energized for tomorrow!  PD day! We will have to find some excellent thing to do to take advantage of the anticipated beautiful fall day!  Perhaps a hike, or picking apples, maybe both!

No comments:

Post a Comment